Mercedes have revealed a radical new development on their W13 ahead of the second pre-season test in Bahrain.
The team’s W13 appeared in the paddock at Bahrain International Circuit featuring revised, much slimmer sidepods.
Reports of a ‘sidepod-less’ W13 first emerged in Italian newspaper Corriere della Serra, which is believed to have been alerted to the design by one of Mercedes’ rivals.
The new car features tall, narrow cooling inlets in place of the square air intakes which appeared on the previous design.
Original Mercedes W13 in Spain
New Mercedes W13 in Bahrain
More Bahrain Mercedes W13 pictures
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2022 F1 season
- Hamilton sees diversity gains in F1 years on from his ‘traumatising’ experience of racism
- Verstappen returns to Drive to Survive as season five launch date is confirmed
- Why first Alonso and now Williams backed young Argentinian racer Franco Colapinto
- Why a former Williams sponsor was told to pay the team £26 million
- Analysis: Did any F1 driver have worse luck than Alonso last season?