Amaury Cordeel will enter this year’s Formula 2 championship as a rookie for series newcomers Van Amersfoort Racing.
Prior to joining the F3 grid, Cordeel won the 2018 Spanish Formula 4 title before racing in the Formula Regional Asian Winter series and then three races in the primary Formula Regional Asian series. He drove for Fernando Alonso’s team in the Formula Renault Eurocup in 2020, finishing 15th in the championship.
Cordeel’s best result in last year’s Formula 3 campaign was an 11th place finish at the Red Bull Ring. Having started on reverse-grid pole for the opening race at Zandvoort, a clash with Alexander Smolyar saw him fall to the back of the field from his best starting position of the season.
With the announcement of Cordeel moving up to series for 2022, only four spaces on the grid for this season remain to be filled. One seat at ART alongside Theo Pourchaire, a seat with Campos, the second seat at Charouz and the second seat at the Trident team.
Confirmed Formula 2 grid
|Carlin||Logan Sargeant||Liam Lawson|
|DAMS||Roy Nissany||Ayumu Iwasa|
|Hitech||Juri Vips||Marcus Armstrong|
|MP||Felipe Drugovich||Clement Novalak|
|Prema||Jehan Daruvala||Dennis Hauger|
|Van Amersfoort||Jake Hughes||Amaury Cordeel|
|Virtuosi||Jack Doohan||Marino Sato|
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
- The F1 hopefuls who need to have a stand-out 2023 season
- De Vries admits he didn’t always cope with pressure during his long journey to F1
- Carlin becomes Rodin Carlin as manufacturer buys into F2 and F3 team
- Daruvala completes 2023 F2 grid by joining champions MP
- One seat left on 2023 F2 grid as ART promote F3 champion Martins