Williams has signed former Red Bull Junior Team member Dan Ticktum to its young driver programme.
“It is a privilege to be joining the Williams Racing Driver Academy, especially given Williams’ incredible heritage in our sport,” said Ticktum. “The time in the simulator and experience working with the team will prove invaluable for my development.”
Ticktum finished second to Mick Schumacher in Formula 3 last year and made his Formula 1 test debut with Red Bull in Bahrain this season. He will race for DAMS in his first full season of Formula 2 next year.
Williams’ deputy team principal Claire Williams described Ticktum as “another exciting young British talent” to join the team.
“His ability behind the wheel has been demonstrated with back-to-back successes at the prestigious Macau Grand Prix in 2017 and 2018,” Williams added. “Dan’s technical expertise will prove invaluable to the team and we are looking forward to helping him grow and develop in 2020.”
View the current list of 2020 F1 drivers and teams
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2019 F1 season
- McLaren Racing reports reduced £71 million loss in 2019
- Kvyat: Hockenheim podium last year was “my biggest achievement” so far
- How the FIA’s new encrypted fuel flow meter targets Ferrari’s suspected ‘aliasing’ trick
- “He smashed my office door”: 23 must-see moments from ‘Drive to Survive’ season two
- ‘I should have done a better job. There’s things that I know I can do better’