McLaren’s Lando Norris and Carlos Sainz Jnr will each have nine sets of the soft tyres, at least one more than any other driver in the field.
Ferrari is among the teams which have chosen the fewest sets of soft tyres, with seven for each of their drivers. It has chosen more sets of the medium tyre for its drivers than championship leaders Mercedes.
Red Bull, who struggled on the C3 compound in Bahrain where it was the medium tyre, have chosen four sets of it for Pierre Gasly and three for Max Verstappen.
2019 Chinese Grand Prix tyre selections
|Driver||Team||Hard (C2)||Medium (C3)||Soft (C4)|
|Max Verstappen||Red Bull||2||3||8|
|Pierre Gasly||Red Bull||2||4||7|
|Carlos Sainz Jnr||McLaren||2||2||9|
|Sergio Perez||Racing Point||2||3||8|
|Lance Stroll||Racing Point||2||3||8|
|Kimi Raikkonen||Alfa Romeo||2||3||8|
|Antonio Giovinazzi||Alfa Romeo||3||2||8|
|Daniil Kvyat||Toro Rosso||2||3||8|
|Alexander Albon||Toro Rosso||2||3||8|
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2019 F1 season
- McLaren Racing reports reduced £71 million loss in 2019
- Kvyat: Hockenheim podium last year was “my biggest achievement” so far
- How the FIA’s new encrypted fuel flow meter targets Ferrari’s suspected ‘aliasing’ trick
- “He smashed my office door”: 23 must-see moments from ‘Drive to Survive’ season two
- ‘I should have done a better job. There’s things that I know I can do better’